Awesome bike puzzle: Hub sound

May 30, 2011

Hub sound

I was riding my bike the other day and noticed that my Concept rear hub sounds a bit louder than everyone else's. I quite like it because it acts as a bike bell when there are stupid pedestrians on the bike lane. All i need  is to approach slowly and the loud clicking of the hub tells them there is a cyclist behind them so they yield.

However some manufacturers took this hub noise thing and turned it into a signature for their products. Enter Chris King Precision Components, who makes their hubs sound like a fire engine, and Industry Nine Componentry, who makes your rear wheel sound as if it's got a few million mosquitoes packed in it.


I would love to see pedestrains claiming they didn't hear you comming when you have these.




I promise you this annoying sound will make you loose your hearing for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment